Upper Abdomen scan (male and female) £170
An Upper Abdominal scan is often performed if you have:
• Abdominal pain
• Sickness or nausea
• Pain in the abdomen which goes through to the back or shoulder blades
• Abnormal blood results e.g. of the liver or kidneys
The major organs which are looked at during an Upper Abdominal scan are:
• Gallbladder and biliary system
• Abdominal Aorta
What kind of upper abdominal problems can Ultrasound detect?
There are many kinds of disease that affect the upper abdominal organs – below are some of the most common conditions picked up during an Ultrasound scan
• Fatty liver
• Kidney stones
• Cysts (liver and kidney most common)
• Abdominal aortic aneurysm
• Tumours – both cancerous and non-cancerous
• Preparation for this scan will normally require 6 hours fasting prior to your appointment but all medication can be taken as normal. If you are diabetic we are able to provide additional advice if fasting is a concern.
• The sonographer will frequently be able to discuss the results with you on the day. However we will quite often ask for the opinion of a Consultant Radiologist before issuing the final report which will include recommendations for follow up tests if required. The report will be sent to your GP or Consultant and a copy will also be sent to you.
• Images can be requested via IEP (Image Exchange Portal) if you are referred to a hospital Consultant.
Medical Ultrasound Scans
If you have any questions, or to book a private ultrasound scan appointment call 0161 929 5679 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org