Testes Scan- 30 minute appointment £170
All appointments can be arranged without a referral from your doctor. A referral or letter from your doctor or Consultant is advisable so that they know you are attending for a scan and, in the event that we find a problem, we can send them a copy of your report to ensure you receive the appropriate after care.
What symptoms might you have where a testes scan can help with a diagnosis?
• Pain or aching in the testes/scrotum
• A lump in or close to, the testicle
• Blood in the semen
• Swelling of the testes or scrotum
What kind of testes problems can be detected during an ultrasound scan?
• Inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis)
• Simple cysts
• Hydrocoele (increase of fluid in the scrotum
• Enlargement of the veins in the scrotum – varicocele
NOTE: Ultrasound can be used to locate and evaluate a mass in the scrotum.
Primary cancer of the testicles is the most common malignancy in men between the ages of 15 – 35. Testicular cancer occurs in approximately 1 in 1000 men and is most common in young men between the ages of 16 and 40 but can occur in all age groups. The sonographer will frequently be able to discuss the results with you on the day however we will quite often ask for the opinion of a Consultant Radiologist before issuing the final report within 48 hours which will include recommendations for follow up tests if required. The report will be sent to your GP or Consultant and a copy can also be sent to you.
• Images can be made requested via IEP (Image Exchange Portal) if you are referred to a hospital Consultant.
If you have any questions about the testes scan, or to book a private testes scan appointment, call 0161 929 5679 (option 1) or email email@example.com