An Ultrasound Pregnancy Scan is a non-invasive and safe form of medical imaging used to diagnose many medical conditions. We specialise in providing a comprehensive selection of antenatal scans to monitor the development of your baby and provide reassurance to parents using the most advanced and up to date techniques and equipment.
Pregnancy Scans Offered
- Early reassurance / viability scan (7+ – 10 weeks)
- NT / Dating Scan (11+2 – 14 weeks_
- NIPT Non Invasive Pre-Natal Testing (from 10 weeks)
- Gender Scan (16+ weeks)
- Detailed anatomy scan (18+0 – 20+6 weeks)
- Fetal Wellbeing Scan (23-40 weeks)
- 3D and 4D Scans (25-32 weeks)
Non Invasive Pre-Natal Testing (NIPT) (with or without scan) from 10 weeks (20-30 minute appointment) £430 – with scan. £395 for blood test only.
NIPT is not currently available on the NHS but results from recent studies suggest that it should be offered to all women in the near future.
There are a number of NIPT tests available privately – Diagnostic Healthcare use Genesis Genetics UK Ltd as they are a UK based laboratory and the turnaround of Serenity for results is just a 3-5 days.
As well as testing for Down’s, Edward’s and Patau’s syndrome, the Genesis Serenity test can look for other conditions (there is an extra cost for this service) – the Genesis website gives lots of information regarding this and also offers genetic counselling to help navigate interpretation of results.
Medical Ultrasound Scans
A Medical Ultrasound Scan is a non-invasive and safe form of medical imaging used to assess most of the major organs in the body and to diagnose many medical conditions.
We specialise in providing a comprehensive selection of scans to help with the clinical diagnosis of a multitude of ailments and diseases using the most advanced and up to date techniques and equipment.
Abdominal organ Assessment (Upper Abdomen Scan)
There are many kinds of disease that affect the upper abdominal organs – below are some of the most common conditions picked up during an Ultrasound scan:
- Fatty liver
- Kidney stones
- Cysts (liver and kidney most common)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Tumours – both cancerous and non-cancerous
Female Pelvic Ultrasound Scan (Gynaecology or Pelvic Assessment)
- Ovarian cysts
- Enlarged (or shrunken) ovaries
- Tumours (cancerous and non cancerous)
- Polyps in the endometrium (womb lining)
- ‘Lost’ coil
Renal Tract Ultrasound Scan (Kidney and Bladder Scan)
- Kidney stones
- Evidence of infection – including scarring from previous problems
- How well the bladder empties
- Tumours (cancerous and non-cancerous)
- Poor drainage of the kidneys