(MSK) Musculoskeletal scan £185 per area
All appointments can be arranged without a referral from your doctor. A referral or letter from your doctor, physiotherapist or consultant is advisable so that they know you are attending for a scan and in the event that we find a problem, we can send them a copy of your report to ensure you receive the appropriate after care.
The Musculoskeletal scan is an examination of a musculoskeletal structure i.e. soft tissue lumps, muscle, tendons and joints.
Ultrasound is typically used to help diagnose:
• tendon tears, or tendinitis of the rotator cuff in the shoulder, achilles tendon in the ankle and other tendons throughout the body.
• muscle tears, masses or fluid collections.
• ligament sprains or tears.
• inflammation or fluid (effusions) within the bursae and joints.
• early changes of rheumatoid arthritis.
• nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
• benign and malignant soft tissue tumors.
• ganglion cysts.
• foreign bodies in the soft tissues (such as splinters or glass).
The sonographer will frequently be able to discuss the results with you on the day however we will quite often ask for the opinion of a Consultant Radiologist before issuing the final report within 48 hours which will include recommendations for follow up tests if required. The report will be sent to your GP or Consultant and a copy will also be sent to you. Images can be requested via IEP (Image Exchange Portal) if you are referred to a hospital Consultant.
If you have any questions, or to book a private muskuloskeletal scan appointment call 0161 929 5679 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Ultrasound Scans